Thursday, February 4, 2010

Good Eating, No Sleeping, and a Hair Cut

It was a wonderful day for feeding Shayna as she ate nearly everything put in front of her.  Plus I finally put butter in her banana, breast milk oatmeal so it's just jam packed with calories and she still finished the whole dish.  Since she ate so well, she decided she must give me trouble on another front: napping.  She only slept for 1/2hr in the afternoon, fortunately I slept then too otherwise we wouldn't have survived.  During one of our up periods when I wasn't trying to sleep her, I gave her a haircut AND she looks better than when I started (even Nahum thinks so).  It was just a little trim to get rid of the wild bush look.

Here she is enjoying some avocado from Jan 27.

We're still going home on the 14th!! even though her EBV-PCR (the extremely sensitive test they run to detect EBV before it has a chance to do anything) is now at the bottom of tier III (in a four tier system) so they've adjusted her prednisone (anti-rejection steroid) and prograf (main anti-rejection drug, on for life) again.

On her amazing feats from, she can now easily go from her belly to sitting.  I watched her go onto her belly for a toy, tuck her legs under her and push straight back up like she'd been doing it for ages.  It amazes how much stronger she gets each day.  I don't think she'll be walking for a couple months at least because she's still so wobbly but I see her doing some real crawling soon.  There are some new youtube videos on my mrsarava channel showing her current inch worm technique.

One of my favorite times of the day is just after dinner and before bed when Nahum and Shayna play on the floor.  It brings joy to my heart to hear them laughing and talking together.  That's what they're doing right now.

4 comments:

  1. Joe and I are smiling at Shayna's wonderful smile with avocado smeared in her hands. The progress she is making is amazing, look out for when she starts crawling; running shoes for you will be a necessity :-)! I know you will be VERY happy to head back home soon.
    Love, Kathy & Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for bringing those moments back of Nahum and Shayna in the evenings. I loved listening to them, and to each of you interacting with her. Sounds like the cold isn't getting in the way. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is going to enjoying swimming this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wonders of modern medicine!!! She looks wonderful. Enjoy.

    Debbie and Meir
    PS: let us know if you need any help settling down on the 14th.

    ReplyDelete